Startup Tax - Should we register in Singapore

Dear Pranab Babu,
Inspite of all the negative publicity going around the Budget, I was convinced, that, you have given a decent budget. I was considerably happy, that, you showed a direction for infrastructural investment, by reduction in subsides and allotting a substantial sum of money for roads.

But, then, I came across, this. This small byline effectively states that, If I get an investment from a friend/colleague who is an Indian citizen , I will be subject to the whims and fancies of the IT department official in convincing him, that, the investment I received is actually income. So, either, I close my startup, since, 30% matters, or, I pay this guy 1 lakh rupees to get him to clear my file. My schedule does not permit court cases as do my finances.

Somewhere, it makes us think, that, the Govt believes , I left my 20+ lakh job, so that, I will use this 10 lakh investment to buy a flat in karol Bagh[As if I will get one with that]. Hence, it classifies my investment as a 'Other source of Income' .

Dear Pranab Babu,
A lot of us here are working here to create a new Google or a Facebook from India. I'm sure you're a proud Indian. Would you not like to see that happen?

By making Venture capitalists and registered organisations as the sole authority, you're actually, destroying possibilities of innovation in this country.

In a group, which, I'm a member of, We have some extraordinary companies which will go on to become the next Flipkart's . Now, I already hear rumblings of companies moving to USA or even Singapore. Is this what the Govt.. wants?

I hope you read this sometime.

Comments

Praveena Kumara said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Praveena Kumara said…
Good writeup ! Hope the babu listens
Anonymous said…
I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for
you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thank you

Here is my web site :: Michael Kors