Indian entrepreneur - Adoption stories and some fun

As an entrepreneuer who is working on a product, we often hear the statement that, why does not Indian create an original product? Sadly, I agree with that. We havent really done enough work in the past.

In recent times, I see signs of hope. I hear about products which I've never heard of before. Now, I for one am sure that a lot of them will fail. But, the idea is an ecosystem where failure is celebrated. Every entrepreneuer celebrates the success of the other guy. As someone posted in Bangalore startups recently, we need create a bropreneuer.

So, what could be the real challenges ?
a) Get a crackerjack idea.
b) Create/Join an environment which promotes adoption of the idea.
c) I would recommend that we go for an idea which has as large a market that you can get. Chances of success improve substantially.

Now, a) is complicated. Let me leave it for now.

Let us go to b) Promote adoption. How does one do that?

Let us start with a Horror story?

I spoke with an experienced blogger recently. He generally reviews Gadgets. He was going real hyper about Apple. Now, this is what I had to say.

Dude, what about Notion Ink's Adam? Comparing reviews The headline says 'Specs beat IPad but not release date' .
I had a chit chat with this experienced person. He said, that, Notion Ink did not give them the right royal treatment they deserve as Media reviewers. I heard them out and made a judgement. Ok, Notion Ink's marketing needs substantial improvement. I only had one query at the end. Did Apple give you the treatment that you expected from Notion Ink?
The Reply : They're a startup. How dare they compare themselves with Apple?

The point is this. Obviously, Indian Media people are conditioned to work in a certain way. I'm confident that medias like yourstory.in , pluggd.in are much better than our general Media.

I might add, that as a techie, the line underlined above is insulting.

Anyhow, as an entrepreneur, this is part of the effort we make in Bangalore startups. We want to create a platform, where serious geeks can display their products. This is not the only thing. But, this is definitly one of the things which is close to our hearts. We want to generate the basic adoption. Startups can drop in and use this platform to showcase their products. They might use this as a softlaunch mechanism and take feedback and improve. Trust me, these things do help. All the meets that I've attended has changed my product substantially.

So, my tip of the day, attend these meets and talk. when cool people talk..good things happen..
Cheers..Have a great day.

Comments